Skip to main content.



Be The Match® and Aflac are teaming up to help save lives!

Here's how you can help:

If you’re between the ages of 18-40 and willing to donate blood stem cells, all it takes is a simple cheek swab to join the registry.

Give a gift to help add donors to the registry, help patients with uninsured costs and fund life-saving research.

Make your voice heard through legislation, volunteerism or by helping to grow the registry.


Did you know that if you or someone you love is in need of a life-saving bone marrow transplant, there is only about a 30% chance they will have a fully matched donor in their family? That means that 70% of people in need rely on Be The Match for an unrelated donor. Every year, 12,000 patients are diagnosed with life-threatening blood cancers or blood diseases like sickle cell for which a blood stem cell or marrow transplant from an unrelated donor may be their best option for a second chance at life. They depend on Be The Match—and the kindness of people like you—to find a genetically suitable match.

Through this partnership, we will grow the Be The Match Registry®️, raise lifesaving funds, amplify awareness and comfort pediatric cancer patients with the inclusion of My Special Aflac Duck®️ in informational and care packages. This soft and cuddly companion helps children prepare for medical procedures, communicate their feelings, practice distraction techniques and so much more. Learn more about this program.